Shopify Checkout App
This section describes how to integrate Splitit as an additional payment method into your Shopify store. Using Splitit, your customers can pay for items with an existing credit card by splitting the cost into interest-free monthly payments.
Splitit works as follows. Say, for example, that a customer wishes to make a purchase totaling $600 using 3 installments of $200 each:
- 1.First Splitit obtains authorization from the credit card company for the full purchase amount. This reserves the line of credit and there is no charge to the card.
- 2.The credit card company then charges the first installment of $200.
- 3.In the second month, Splitit authorizes $400 with the credit card company and charges the customer the second installment of $200.
- 4.In the third month, the final authorization is made with the credit card company and the final charge of $200 is made, completing the purchase.
- 1.On the checkout page, the shopper fills out their address and clicks Continue to shipping (note that these screens may differ somewhat depending on your configuration):
2. On the next screen, the shopper selects a shipping method then clicks Continue to payment:
3. Next they select Splitit: Pay over time with no application, then click on Complete order (they can also enter a different billing address here):
5. The user is briefly shown the installment plan information then is redirected to the Shopify confirmation page:
6. After they have successfully checked out, in the admin for your Shopify store you will see the Splitit installment plan number as well as “Splitit” under Tags for the order**:**
Shopify comes in a few different plans: Basic ($29/mo), Shopify ($79/mo), Advanced ($299/mo) and Shopify Plus ($2000/mo). The first three are largely similar and offer merchant plans for different budgets; however, Shopify Plus targets Enterprise-level merchants. Some of the differences are:
- Adds apps such as Shopify Scripts, and Shopify Flow
- Customer checkout pages can be modified by the merchant
- Gives the ability to have 10 accounts within a single contract. These accounts can be used for additional languages and currencies for a better native experience
- Offers the ability to create a built-in wholesale store via the login option on your site
- Dedicated Shopify Plus support
Last modified 17d ago